Of late, it seems the very hot ambient temperatures have matched the soaring emotional temperatures!
Whatever side of the national debate your politics fall on, you have to admit that the deadly encounters between protesters, citizens, and police have left many communities in the throes of a powerful and deep grief. Whether the disasters be local or global, the collective consciousness of humanity right now is carrying a heavy burden of anguish and distress.
No one can escape loss, sadness, and grief. Every one of us has tasted some in our lives; and even our children are not immune. And although they may not express their emotions quite like humans, animals can be just as affected by stressful situations. After all, they are sentient beings like ourselves.
Here are some situations that can create grief in our animals:
- being surrendered to a shelter, or rescue, with many animals
- being surrendered to and adopted by a new family
- sustaining abuse – physical or emotional
- dealing with anxiety and stress from disaster situations
- being removed too early from mama and siblings at weaning
- sequestering/isolation from the family or pack as punishment
- loss of any family members, temporarily or permanently
- leaving an animal at a veterinary clinic due to illness
- loss of home, or being lost
Grief is a natural mechanism for handling great loss of any sort. Homeopathy can help move the grief, allowing the natural feelings to mature and be released.
Whether it is a human or an animal (elephants, dogs, whales, monkeys, etc), homeopathic Ignatia amara will support the grieving, helping to restore engagement in life, soothing the emotional pain, and keeping the physical body healthy.
Animals respond beautifully to dosing with Ignatia amara. This is especially true if they are picking up the emotions of humans experiencing loss and pain. So if you have been in grief lately, chances are your animal is too! Ignatia amara is at the top of my list of remedies for treating animals and humans under stress.
If you’d like to learn more about using the amazing homeopathic medicines for any emergency or grief your animal has head over to the series on HOMEOPATHY FOR DOG AND CAT EMERGENCIES.